3 firefighters shocked by live power line in Orange

Three firefighters were shocked by a live wire Friday afternoon while responding to a four-alarm structure fire in the city of Orange, authorities said.

The firefighters received mild electrical injuries when their hose line came into contact with a live wire within a home, and they were taken to a hospital as a precaution, according to a statement by the Orange City Fire Department.

The Fire Department had initially said the firefighters were shocked by a power line. It’s unclear now whether that was the case, and the source of the electrical shock is under investigation, said department spokesman Ryan O’Connor.

A fourth firefighter was taken to a hospital with mild heat-related injuries.

Two civilians suffered minor injuries and were treated at the scene, according to the department. A dog was killed in the fire.

Firefighters responded about 12:40 p.m. to a fire at 211 S. Earlham St., where they were met with heavy fire and thick smoke. The fire quickly spread to an adjacent structure and was upgraded to a fourth alarm.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze completely within a few hours. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

OnScene Media contributed to this report.






The article from the source

Tags

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close