Dubai, United Arab Emirates (CNN)–Are you concerned about the health of your eyes because of the long periods you spend looking at your mobile screen? You can try this tip.
Through her official account on Twitter, the main health awareness platform of the Saudi Ministry of Health, “Live Healthy”, shared tips to help you maintain the health of your eyes.
To reduce eye strain that occurs when reading or using smart devices, you can follow the 20-20-20 rule.
To apply this rule, you must look away from a place of at least 20 feet, and for at least 20 seconds.
This must be done every 20 minutes.
To keep your eyes healthy, be sure to take these steps as well:
- Regular eye examination (at least every two years)
- Protect the eyes from injuries when playing, or when using materials containing toxic fumes
- Eat healthy food that contains leafy green vegetables
- Eye protection from the sun
- Drink plenty of water and use moisturizing eye drops when needed, to avoid dehydration
- Managing chronic diseases such as diabetes and blood pressure
- Be sure to follow safety instructions when using contact lenses that are suitable for your eyesight
- Avoid smoking