Daniel Andrews orders two-week construction industry pause with rightwing extremists blamed for violent clashes and predictions millions of dollars could be wiped from the industry. Follow all the day’s news live
- NSW and Vic restrictions; Vic hotspots
- Roadmaps out of lockdown: why NSW and Victoria are taking different paths to Covid normal
- Victoria to shut down construction for two weeks after anti-vaccine mandate protest
- Vaccine rollout and rates tracker; Cases and data tracker
- 5km and 10km from home map: check your travel radius
- Get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
My lovely Queensland folks, we will be hearing from your leader at 10am today.
Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk will hold a press conference at 10am
Now you might remember I mentioned that yesterday protests really ramped up when two union officials, including Victorian construction branch secretary John Setka, came outside the Elizabeth Street office to speak to protesters.
Setka has just spoken to ABC radio about the protests and while he condemned the action he said some of the government Covid-19 safety measures, including the shutting down of tea rooms, were unreasonable.
It’s a big mess. You had a big pile of dirt, you’ve got 1,300 people on the block as we have at the Lara prison. I mean, we’re still people, you’ve been waiting for four hours, you deserve to have a cup of tea and a sandwich.
You can’t actually do it standing up in the middle of the dirt paddock, that’s the reality of it.
Continue reading… .
The article from the source