Dispute for increase in health plan heats up again this week – 06/06/2021 – Panel SA

The pressure to postpone the readjustment of health plans in the pandemic is not over, and the arm wrestling should grow this week over the category of collective plans, as happened last year.

For deputy Celso Russomano (Republicanos-SP), the trend is that the ANS (National Agency for Supplementary Health) suspend the increase this year.

“We’re going to hold a public hearing on Thursday (10) at the House Consumer Protection Committee to question operators. I think we’re going to reach a term for not having an increase, because the collection of plans grew with the pandemic,” he says.

Abramge (Brazilian Association of Health Plans​) says the plans are facing historically high hospital occupancy rates. “Hence the importance that the entire discussion about adjustments takes into account the supplementary health scenario, the calculation methodologies, applicable laws and regulations, the sustainability of the entire private health sector”, says the entity.

While consumer protection entities, on the one hand, try to convince the government and the ANS to prevent the increase this year, companies are putting pressure on the opposite. Last week, representatives of companies in the sector tried to schedule a dinner to defend the increase with the minister of Health, Marcelo Queiroga, but the event was cancelled.

The entities Abramge and FenaSaúde, which bring together the operators, say they were not invited.

with Mariana Grazini e Andressa Motter

LINK PRESENT: Did you like this column? Subscriber can release five free hits of any link per day. Just click on the blue F below.

.




The article from the source

Tags

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close