Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie case: Diners describe explosive fight between couple

Witnesses have told of a restaurant fight on the last day Gabby Petito was seen alive that left her in tears and her fiance Brian Laundrie fuming.

One of the last times Gabby Petito was seen alive involved an argument between Brian Laundrie and wait staff at a Jackson Hole restaurant, according to a pair of witnesses from New Orleans.

“I have chills right now,” Nina Celie Angelo told Fox News. “It’s crazy because it wasn’t just like we passed them on the street — it was a full blown incident.”

Ms Angelo told Fox News she and her boyfriend, Matthew England, were in town for a wedding in late August.

They were out to lunch at Merry Piglets, a Tex-Mex restaurant, between 1pm and 2pm on August 27, when they said Laundrie began arguing with a waitress.

Ms Angelo, a photographer, said she couldn’t overhear the conversation but that she believed Laundrie was arguing with staff over the bill or about money.

She described his body language as “aggressive” and said he left and returned about four times.

Ms Angelo says Laundrie was screaming at the hostess and Petito was in tears and apologising for his behaviour.

“It looked as though they were like almost getting kicked out,” Ms Angelo told ABC News. “It wasn’t necessarily between them, it was more so Gabby abruptly leaving the restaurant crying, and Brian was just evidently really upset, pissed off, I would say. I would say Gabby was upset, he was angry, and he was just being very temperamental towards the restaurant staff.”

Mr England told Fox News that he reported the incident to the FBI and that Petito appeared “visibly upset” with Laundrie as he hounded staff at the Merry Piglets Tex-Mex restaurant.

The incident happened two days after Petito’s final Instagram post in Ogden, Utah and roughly two weeks after a witness called 911 about a domestic fight between Petito and Laundrie in Moab, Utah.

Angelo and England said bodycam video of the police response matched the mannerisms and body language of Petito and Laundrie they witnessed first-hand. Laundrie was also wearing clothes England said he recognised from the video and “looked kind of like he had been living out in a van for a little while.”

“I spent the last three or four days really kind of racking my brain,” he told Fox News Wednesday. “And I woke up this morning and went to Facebook, and there was that video with the police on it, right away. That was the couple.”

Then it clicked.

“I would bet $10 million, I’m 1000 per cent sure that was him and that was her,” he said.

August 27, the day of the alleged restaurant incident, is the same day Petito last made contact with her friends and family.

On August 29, a woman publicly claimed that she and her boyfriend gave Laundrie a ride and that Laundrie claimed he’d been camping by himself for multiple days while Petito was at their van working on social media posts.

“Her account is plausible, it appears,” North Port police spokesperson Josh Taylor said.

On September 1, Laundrie arrived at his parent’s Florida home alone with the van that he and Petito were travelling in. He retained a lawyer and refused to speak with police.

On September 11, Petito’s family officially reported her missing to authorities.

On September 17, after several days of both Petito’s family and police pleading with Laundrie’s family to co-operate in the investigation, Laundrie’s family requested police come to their home, where they shared they haven’t seen Brian since September 14.

Search teams from all over Florida, including some carrying heavy machinery, have been seen arriving at the Carlton Reserve in Florida today as that manhunt for Laundrie enters its fifth day there.

This article originally appeared on Fox News and is republished here with permission

Originally published as Nina Angelo and Matthew England tell of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie’s huge fight


The article from the source


Related Articles

Back to top button