Nanny says Henry’s mother asked her to lie and delete messages

Babysitter Thayná de Oliveira Ferreira, 25, confirmed in a new statement to the Rio Civil Police that she hid the history of violence practiced by councilman Dr. Jairinho against the boy Henry Borel, who died at the age of 4, at the request of the victim’s own mother, the professor Monique Medeiros.

In this new testimony, Thayná said that he had witnessed three occasions when the child was taken to the couple’s room by his stepfather, when he was allegedly assaulted, and not only the episode of February 12th, but also made public on the couple’s prison day, on April 8.

Also according to the nanny’s version, it was Monique who asked her to delete messages from her cell phone when she was called to the couple’s lawyer, André França Barreto, days before her first testimony to the police. In this initial conversation, only she and the former employer would be present.

“That Monique then began to speak to the declarant that when she was to testify at the police headquarters, she was supposed to say that she had never seen anything, never heard anything and that it was to erase all messages”, says an excerpt from the new report of the completed employee at dawn this Tuesday (13).

The police asked Thayná to return to the police station after discovering exchanges of messages between her and Monique who indicated that the child was beaten inside the couple’s room a month before she died. The first time she was called by the police on March 24, none of this was counted.

The messages were only recovered because investigators used a special Israeli program that retrieves the history of cell phones.

In the new testimony, the couple’s former employee said she had agreed to support the false version out of fear. “The declarant replied that she lied out of fear, since, having seen what Jairinho had done against a child, she was afraid that something could also happen to her,” says an excerpt from the statement.

Thayná also says that her fiancé, her uncle, her aunt and her mother work for the family or found jobs in the City of Rio de Janeiro in the management of Marcelo Crivella (Republicans) through the councilor, who was the leader of the ex-mayor in the Chamber Municipal.

In addition to the alleged aggression suffered on February 12, the nanny says that another abnormal situation occurred ten days earlier, on the morning of February 2, when the mother went out to play footvolley. She says that Henry was in his room when he started calling for his mother. Jairinho then got angry, said that the boy was spoiled and called him for a conversation in the couple’s room.

He then was locked up for about 30 minutes with the child inside. When asked by the nanny about what had happened to his stepfather, Henry would have said that he “had forgotten, that he was asleep”.

On the afternoon of the same day, the nanny took him to the playroom, where he did not want to play with other children because of pain in his knee. Thayná said that he did not associate the boy’s complaints with the episode with Jairinho in the morning, but that he told all these details to his mother.

The third time that the child was allegedly beaten by the councilman occurred on a date that he does not remember for sure, possibly in the last week of February. That day, according to the nanny, Jairinho arrived “exceptionally early from work” and, for no reason, called Henry to the couple’s room, locking the door again.

Thayná said he knocked and asked them to open it. When this happened, he noticed the boy “visibly intimidated”. When questioning what had happened, he initially denied it but, insistently, claimed to have fallen out of bed.

Jairinho denied the nanny that the boy had suffered the fall, but did not provide any other explanation for the situation. That same day, Henry complained of headaches and, according to the nanny, also had purple marks on his arm.

Henry was then killed in the early hours of March 8. The nanny reported that she was told by Jairinho’s sister, Thalita, who said over the phone that her nephew was sick and passed away. “What do you mean, did you feel sick and die? It’s a child ”, the employee would have questioned, but Thalita confirmed it and soon hung up.


Henry spent the weekend before his death with his father, who left him in his mother’s and boyfriend’s condo on the night of March 7, a Sunday, with no apparent injuries. That same morning, Monique and Jairinho rushed the boy to the hospital, where he arrived dead.

A necropsy exam concluded that the causes of death were “internal bleeding” and “hepatic laceration” (liver damage), produced by a “blunt action” (violent). He had several other injuries and bruises on his body.

In testimony, the mother stated that she was watching a series with her boyfriend in another room and woke up at dawn with the TV on. He woke up Jairinho, who had taken sleeping pills, and went to the couple’s bedroom where Henry was sleeping. Once there, he would have seen the boy lying on the floor, his eyes rolled, his hands and feet cold and not breathing.

The police heard dozens of people during the investigations, including the cleaning lady who cleaned the apartment on the day of her death (before the investigation), an ex-girlfriend of the councilor who accused him of assaulting her and her daughter, then a child, a the boy’s psychologist and the pediatricians who attended him. More than ten cell phones were seized at different addresses linked to the child’s family and the nanny.

After learning about the messages exchanged between Thayná and Monique, the police asked for the couple’s temporary arrest, which was accepted by the court. With this measure, the leaf found that the police also want witnesses to build up the courage to report what they saw.


The article from the source


Related Articles

Back to top button