INTEREST FROM ABROAD
“The very fact of holding such a representative forum is, of course, a positive sign, another evidence that partnerships, contacts of entrepreneurs, investors, experts are gradually regaining their familiar, normal form,” said Russian President Vladimir PUTIN, opening the SPIEF plenary session -2021.
No matter how rampant the coronavirus is, no matter how much sanction barriers are erected, the Russian market in general, and the Moscow region in particular, remains extremely attractive for foreign companies.
From the first day of SPIEF-2021, life at the stand near Moscow was in full swing. Meetings, negotiations, new business cooperation agreements. Truly astronomical sums in the form of investments invisibly “flowed” through the red stamp folders. The spheres are very different – from new technologies and medicine to energy and agriculture.
There are many foreign companies who have worked in the Moscow region before, and those who have decided to enter our market for the first time. For example, the McDonald’s fast food chain will increase by 75 restaurants in the Moscow Region over the next five years (this is about 6,000 new jobs). The Indian PSK Pharma will launch new drug production lines in Dubna, AVK Holding from Denmark will build a plant for the production of valves in Solnechnogorsk, while the Austrian Lasselsberger intends to open a production of building materials for 270 jobs in Lukhovitsy.
DIGITAL, ENERGY, DRONES
The Moscow Region Government and Mail.ru have agreed that they will jointly develop the IT infrastructure. Among the tasks is the development of a plan for the creation of data centers that will provide computing power for the development of technological solutions and cloud infrastructure of the Internet holding.
– Data centers are what makes the economy smarter. Where they appear, knowledge-intensive industries and the IT sector are growing faster, digital services are accelerating, and the quality of life is improving. Moscow region is ready to become a platform for data centers. We have everything for this: specialists, infrastructure, an excellent investment climate, as well as industrial consumers of digital technologies, – said the Governor of the Moscow Region Andrey VOROBYEV.
For such data centers to work reliably, a large amount of electricity is required. This is stated in a long-term cooperation agreement, which was signed by the General Director of PJSC Rosseti Andrey RYUMIN and Andrey VOROBYEV.
The Memorandum of Cooperation on the Development of Railway Transport Infrastructure is aimed at improving the quality of transport services and maintaining existing infrastructure facilities. The document was signed by Andrey VOROBYEV and Oleg BELOZEROV, Director General of Russian Railways.
In the coming years, the region plans to launch MCD-3 (Zelenograd-Ramenskoye) and MCD-4 (Aprelevka-Zheleznodorozhny). Also, the regional government and Russian Railways agreed to create light rail transport and new suburban routes.
And soon drones will appear in the Moscow region. Sberbank and the regional government have signed an agreement on the possible establishment of a test center for unmanned vehicles in Istra.
– This is a project of the future that will create conditions for a breakthrough in the field of unmanned vehicles. The automotive theme of the Moscow region is very close. We employ world car manufacturers, an automobile cluster is being formed, and modern highways are being built. I hope that the infrastructure, scientific and innovative potential of the region will contribute to the success of the project, – noted Andrey VOROBYEV.
THE BEST GO TO MOSCOW REGION
As part of the business program of the forum, the results of the national rating of the state of the investment climate in the constituent entities of the Russian Federation were presented. The Moscow region entered the top ten regions. Why are leading companies so interested in the region? It’s simple. Unique conditions created for starting and running a business. No bureaucratic red tape, an attractive system of subsidies and preferences. Industrial parks and special economic zones. And the willingness of regional and municipal officials to literally manually help entrepreneurs in the implementation of any business project.
– An important signal sounded – to treat small and medium-sized businesses very seriously, to continue working to make every entrepreneur in every municipality feel protected. It is important that all licensing procedures that strongly influence the final result and the activities of companies are as convenient as possible, – said Andrey VOROBYEV.
By the way, a tripartite agreement signed by the Moscow Region government, the RF Ministry of Agriculture and the Rosselkhozbank will help develop small and medium-sized businesses in rural areas. In particular, it is aimed at popularizing farm products and promoting rural tourism in the region.
“We hope that in the coming years the region will only build up its potential and become an example of the successful development of agritourism for all regions of our country,” said the Minister of Agriculture of the Russian Federation Dmitry PATRUSHEV.
By the way, the Moscow region offers more and more agricultural products every year. And it intends to increase the pace. We have agreed with OOO Savencia Cheese Dolina to locate a factory for the production of fresh French cheeses in the Dmitrovsky urban district. Construction will begin in 2022 and will be completed at the end of 2024. 50 jobs will be created, the planned production volume is 3.5 tons of cheese per year.
– Big plans are to build a factory for the production of quality cheese. We have very good connections and support from the region in order to produce future quality cheese, – said Boris BURDEN, head of the Savencia group of companies for Eastern Europe and Russia.
An agreement was signed with the head of the Federal Medical and Biological Agency of Russia, Veronika SKVORTSOVA, on cooperation in order to improve the efficiency of medical institutions and the quality of medical services to the population of the Moscow Region.
Summing up the results of the forum, the Governor emphasized that all signed agreements are not empty declarations, but a clear and concrete plan of action. This means that soon numbers with many zeros will turn into new enterprises and jobs for the residents of the region. In taxes, which will allow the construction of modern schools, kindergartens, hospitals and roads, improve the cities and villages of the Moscow region.
Who else has signed cooperation agreements with the Moscow region:
– LLC “Rota Development” – will build a food production complex (cheese, milk, sausage, confectionery and snacks) in the Leninsky district. More than 250 jobs. Investments – 3 billion rubles;
– LLC Yagodnaya Polyana – will create a greenhouse complex for growing strawberries in Voskresensk. Jobs – 87. Investments – 1.2 billion rubles;
– LLC “FC Grand Capital” – will create a pharmaceutical production and logistics cluster in Solnechnogorsk. Work places – 1450. Investments – 6.5 billion rubles;
—Marketplace Ozon – on the development of logistics and the construction of new facilities for storing goods and collecting online orders;
– JSC “National System of Payment Cards” – on the development of non-cash payment for travel in public transport near Moscow;
– ANO “Russia is a country of opportunities” – on cooperation with the aim of creating and developing mechanisms to identify and support talented youth;
– LLC “Severgroup” – on cooperation with the aim of developing intellectual and creative potential, identifying and supporting gifted children, organizing career guidance and specialized training;
– LLC “Greenfields-Agro” – will grow blackberries, raspberries and strawberries in Naro-Fominsk. Jobs – 175 permanent, 600 seasonal. Investments – 1 billion rubles;
– LLC “Trio-Invest” – will build the 3rd stage of a wholesale distribution center for agricultural products in Domodedovo. Work places – 400. Investments – more than 10 billion rubles;
– FUND “NIR”, LLC “Agroholding” Miratorg “, the government of the Bryansk region – will develop genetics and agrobiotechnology in Domodedovo to improve the efficiency of animal husbandry;
– JSC “Zagorsk Pipe Plant” – will create in Sergiev Posad g. a metallurgical complex for the production of various types of steel products. Jobs – 1000. Investments – 65 billion rubles.
Moscow region together with the Federal Agency for Tourism, Vladimirskaya, Ivanovskaya, Kaluga, Kostroma, Ryazan, Tver, Tula and Yaroslavl regions will work together on the Big Golden Ring project.
It will include the cities near Moscow: Kolomna, Zaraysk, Yegoryevsk, Voskresensk, Ruza, Volokolamsk, Podolsk, Kashira and Sergiev Posad. Subsequently, the list will expand.
Together, the regions will contribute to the development of domestic tourism among the residents of Russia.