Petrobras said it sent questions to the government about a statement by President Jair Bolsonaro (without a party), who said on Wednesday (7) that a 39% readjustment practiced by the state company in the price of gas for distributors is “inadmissible” and that it could changes in the company’s pricing policy.
“Petrobras informs that it asked its controlling shareholder, through the Ministry of Mines and Energy, to which the company is linked, according to Law 9.478 / 1997, about the existence of relevant information that should be disclosed to the market”, said in a statement to the market on Wednesday night.
“So far, the company has not received a response from the MME,” added Petrobras in the statement to the CVM (Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission).
In his statements, during a speech in Foz do Iguaçu (PR), Bolsonaro raised doubts about Petrobras’ gas supply contracts due to the adjustment announced for May 1.
“It is unacceptable! What contracts are these? What agreements were these? Were they made with Brazil in mind?”, Said the president.
“I will not interfere, the press will say otherwise. But we can change this pricing policy there,” he added.
Recently, Bolsonaro decided to remove Roberto Castello Branco from the position of chief executive of Petrobras amid disagreements over the fuel price policy adopted by the state-owned company. He appointed the general of the reserve Joaquim Silva e Luna to the position, who occupied the Brazilian general directorate of Itaipu Binacional.