The cheesy chicken schnitzel pasta bake recipe guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser in any family
- Home cooks can follow a simple recipe for an epic chicken schnitzel pasta bake
- Dish requires 11 ingredients – including chicken breast, cheese and penne pasta
- It’s also perfect for using up any leftover ingredients from the fridge
Home cooks can create an epic cheesy chicken schnitzel pasta bake for the family using basic pantry staples.
The hearty dish requires 11 ingredients – including chicken breast, penne pasta, ricotta, capsicum, carrots, cherry tomatoes and parsley for garnishing.
The four-step recipe, from Woolworths, is easy to follow – and it’s perfect for using up any leftover ingredients from the fridge.
Australian home cooks can create epic chicken schnitzel pasta bake using basic ingredients
Start by combining cheddar cheese with breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl or plate. Place flour and egg in separate bowls.
Coat the chicken pieces, one at a time, in flour, then dip in egg and in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the pieces on a baking tray and spray oil over the top.
Bake the chicken for 15 minutes on one side or until golden. Flip the pieces over and spray with oil, then bake for a further 10 minutes.
Once the chicken is cooked through, roughly chop the pieces.
Chicken Schnitzel Pasta Bake
1 large red capsicum, chopped
2 carrots, grated
1/4 cup parsley shredded
250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
5ml extra virgin olive oil spray
1 cup cooked wholemeal penne pasta
400g light ricotta
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 small chicken breast fillet, split crossways
1/3 cup light cheddar, grated
1/3 cup packaged bread crumb
1 1/2 tbsp wholemeal plain flour
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Mix cheddar and breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. Place each piece of chicken between two layers of baking paper, pound out lightly with a rolling pin to flatten to 5mm thick. Working with one piece at a time, coat chicken in flour, then dip in egg and coat in breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken on tray. Spray with oil.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn chicken pieces and spray lightly with oil. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Cool for 10 minutes. Roughly chop.
4. Reduce oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan-forced. Grease a large baking dish. Combine chicken with remaining ingredients and extra egg in a large bowl. Pour into baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with extra parsley and serve.
To assemble the pasta dish, simply combine the crumbed chicken with cooked penne pasta, chopped capsicum, grated carrots, cherry tomatoes, ricotta and egg in a large bowl.
Pour the mixture into a large baking dish and bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
Serve with a sprinkle of parsley.